Earn community service hours by submitting a photo, video, or other content for us to add to CPL’s social media pages! Ideas for submissions include book reviews, artwork, poetry, short stories, personal essays, photos or video of food you’ve cooked or baked, or any other creative idea you have for content. (Not all submissions will be used on our social media, and submissions including photos of people are not allowed.) Each submission will be awarded 2 community service hours.
December Social Media Challenge
For the month of December, participate in our volunteer challenges to earn community service credit! December's challenges include:
- Art: It's the month of Decembird! You can draw, paint, or sculpt, but make it for the birds- 12 birds of Christmas, backyard winter birds, or whatever kind of bird you like!
- Writing: We challenge you to write a tiny holiday story! Any holiday. Any story. Fact or fiction or something in between. But it must be 200 words or less.
- Food: December 8th is National Brownie Day- select your favorite brownie recipe, and bake a batch of brownies. Share them with someone special!
- Reading: Read a book about a holiday you don’t celebrate at home.
- More Reading: Read a book while wrapped in a favorite blanket. Add a cup of hot cocoa if you’d like.
- Even More Reading: Think ahead: What’s something you want to learn more about in the New Year? Read a book on that topic to get a jump start!
- Extra Credit: Change your life forever by learning a new language- check out Mango Languages on our website, and send us a screenshot of what you are working on... ganbatte!!
If you participate in the challenges, earn community service credit by submitting your creations so we can share them on our social media pages!
Submit HERE for the Art, Writing, and Food Challenges
Submit a 300 word book review HERE for what you read for the Reading Challenges.
BIG NEWS!- We are also resuming IN-PERSON teen volunteering at the library!
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:http://signup.com/go/c5meQE 1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com:
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like. 3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com. Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.